- This event has passed.
INTRODUCTION TO RUG HOOKING WITH PARRIS HOUSE WOOL WORKS
July 16 @ 9:30 am - 3:30 pm$100
Intro to Rug Hooking
Saturday, July 16th, 2022
Learn the Art of North American Rug Hooking in the port city of Portsmouth, NH
Exclusive 1-Day Rug Hooking Class
Join renowned Parris House Wool Works Fiber Art Studio Owner and Artisan, Elizabeth Miller and Darn Good Yarn’s very own Nicole Snow for a fun day of learning the art of North American Rug Hooking.
The class is structured for one-session and the instructors will get you started on a 6″ x 6″ Maine Mountains mug rug pattern! (You get to choose your own colors and fibers!)
The price of the class includes:
- An educational introduction to rug hooking including:
- History of the craft
- An overview of hooking styles
- How to choose hooking wools and other materials, tools, rules (there are very few), tips, and tricks
- Getting started on our projects.
- A demonstration on finishing instructions so you can finish your project on your own time!
- Rug hook
- A 12″ hoop
- A 6″ x 6″ pattern hand drawn on high quality rug warp
- All wool and fibers needed to complete the pattern (you pick the colors and fibers!)
- Printed instructions
- Bonus items:
- Ongoing access to the instructor for questions after class
- New friends
- A new craft to enjoy
*** Class Policy: Full payment is due at time of registration. 1/2 refund if cancellation is one week before the start of class. No refund if cancellation is within one week of class. Full refund if class is canceled due to weather, low enrollment, or teacher illness.